FITZTOWN CHALLENGE - VELLUM

Theme:  VELLUM
Digi:  FAE SERIES





What a joy it was to work with this image; I love all the Fae series from the Fitztown Collection. This particular image is printed on Vellum, then heat embossed with black embossing powder.  This technique works really nicely if you are quick - quick being the key!

I then turned the image over and colored with a combo of ProMarkers and Copics.  I find to color on the front does not give as dreamy an effect, something I prefer.  I then reached into my Asian supplies for homemade paper and velvet paper and used some of each, with torn burlap and colored clips as accents.

For the inside of the card, I continued the theme of the Asian Paper.

Now hop over to the Fitztown Challenge Blog - find yourself some vellum - and if you don't have any vellum, wax paper of tissue paper will suffice.  The nice thing about crafting is that there is always something that will substitute for what is called for.  Butcher's paper is a really nice product to use as vellum, as are sandwich bags from Deli's - just to give you a few ideas.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!  Enjoy the Challenge at FITZTOWN!

Hugginz
Samara




















1 comment:

  1. Wonderful, Samara. I love the text you've used too. Lots of lovely detail. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete

My wish for you is a great day full of laughter! Samara x