LEFT OF CENTRE - MONOCHROME


There are some beautiful DT monochrome creations using Just Some Lines Digis over at the LEFT OF CENTRE Challenge.

And, as usual - you can jiggy with us using the Monochrome theme or just be your funky Left of Centre self!

See you over there!













This was much fun, as is always the case when you love the images!  These girls reminded me of a friend I had in Private School and this was pretty much how we looked - even though there was a strict dress rule! lol

COLORING:  To color up the the girls I used a combination of Copics and Prisma Pencils.  I often find the Prisma Pencils give that extra Umph that I like and that extra blend that I like - even though there is no difficulty with blend with copics.  I just prefer the "look" of a Prisma blend, the texture of the blend and the matte finish.  I soaked their faces first in a combo if Mineral Oil and Alcohol which then allows whatever medium you apply to go on kind of "splotchy" - an aged or rugged look, so to speak.  After I finish my coloring, I always go over my blackest of black places with a black sharpie.  It seems I am never pleased with the colors being "black enough."  I do the same with the whites - with a white gel pen.

LACE:  I bought a 2' by 2' box of lace at a house sale where a daughter was selling all the contents of her grandmother's house.  I was blessed to find a box of lace, each type of lace in individual bags that her granny had begun saving in the early 1900's.  If you can believe, I paid 5.00 for all this!  I won't use it all in my lifetime!

TICKIES:  Tim of course!

WASHI:  Yup, Tim Too!

STAR:  Stampin' Up! (one of their all in one Design Kits)

XOXO Sentiments:  Creative Memories

PAPER:  Michael's Big Pac of Random Papers back in the day when the huge packs were not so popular and you could get 250 pieces for about 9.99.

FLOWERS:  Michael's Wedding Ribbon's.  I find most of the ribbon I like in the Wedding section of Michael's and of course won't purchase a thing there without a coupon - cheap as I am!

There you have it folks!  Now my job is to spend the evening Challenge entering for the last few pieces of art!  Have a great evening or two and see you soon.  I hope to find you on your blog too.  xox


No comments:

Post a Comment

My wish for you is a great day full of laughter! Samara x