Sunday April 4, 2010 - Easter - IS THERE ANYTHING MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN A HAPPY WOMYN?



I GUESS THE ANSWER HAS TO BE YES....A HAPPY CHILD!


But for argument sake (for today's card) I entered a Splitcoast Stamper's Challenge where we were asked to Copy a card (to get the inspiration) from William Chambers Millinary Internet Site.  Well, take a little dance over there and you will see that it isn't all that easy.....until


I remembered about my beloved womyn!


There is a wonderful yearly calender called THE VILLAGE RHYTHMS by Julie Cairns.  It features the most beautiful pictures I've ever seen on a calendar....they remind me very much of my days spent dreamily in The Caribbean, and especially of my 2nd mother, Lorna - who brought me up.  Lorna is from Jamaica.


So, in my own fashion, I used my beautiful womyn from the calender, studied William Chambers Millinary site very carefully and took pieces from each of the hats from his Millinary site and put them together to form my own vision of what a beautiful womyn is.



and here she is, and here is her head -covering





I covered the image with white paint then rubbed it off with a cloth to soften the image.







Lovingly Made With...

Paper:  Papertrey
Stamp:  CTMH
Ink:  Stampin' Up!
Paint:  Americana
Ribbon: Local Store
Paper Flower: (back) National Geographic Paper (front) CTMH
Feather: (National Geographic Paper - shaped by my)

LOVING GOD
Samara

 This may be one of the more special cards I make.
This is, for me, a picture of a "true Womyn."

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is phenomenal! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally over the top cool. I loved the carriben when I was there for a short time, so colorful and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is outstanding and I've never been to the caribbean but you've captured the essence of the area and the lifestyle perfectly. Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete

My wish for you is a great day full of laughter! Samara x