SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE...

...I saw a tee shirt today that said "so you think you can stamp!"  I laughed so much because, as many of you, So You Think You Can Dance - Canada and U.S. are two of my favorite shows.  When I saw the Tee Shirt I knew it was going to be high on my holiday list...So You Think You Can Stamp...Canada!  So, if anyone who is buying for me is watching... I take a medium, love white and prefer long sleeves!!! (or large in a white hoodie!)  Which brings me to my card.  I saw this stamp and fell instantly in love with it.  I love drumming; I belonged to drumming circles while working in the City and it was a rich part of my life.  So, tonight (and there is a bridge coming up) - while I watched So You Think You Can Dance, I had a great time coloring my little Jamaican drummer (as described by the illustrator Mo (Mo's Digital Stamps.))  To color, I used Copics, Prismas, SU Markers, Water with my SU Ink Pads and lots and lots of rubbing with my fingertips.  The background paper and letters are Basic Grey Lime Rickey and the Satin Ribbon is from Michael's.  Also used are Liquid Pearls around the outside of the card.  Today's card is dedicated to all the African Drum Drummers out there! SQUISHY HUGS.



For a close up of coloring/shading techniques, please double click on card.



7 comments:

  1. Hi Samara!! Oooh I love this card!! So cute!! And I love your blog! That is why I am awarding you with the Lovely Blog Award! Just drop by the link below to grab your badge and other info!!! Keep up the great work!!! =)

    http://sugardaisycreations.blogspot.com/2009/11/one-lovely-blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful coloring of Mo's image...love this one!! Such a happy card! Thanks for joining us in the Copic Creations Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just perfect! love the image u chose! thanks for joining in the Copic Creations challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, awesome coloring of this little cutie! Love the colors you used! Thanks for joining us at the Copic Creations CHallenge! hugz, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card has got serious smile factor :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my giddy aunt Samara - this is fabulous! I love that image and your fabulous colouring - you are on a roll girl!! This is a great card for this weeks challenge! Love it! We love it that you were able to join us for this weeks Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge and would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Love this image! Thanks for all your entries at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete

My wish for you is a great day full of laughter! Samara x