GOODY GOODY GUMDROPS...

...EXCEPT TODAY IT IS GOODY GOODY CUPCAKE!  Card making and scrapbooking has been "all about the cupcake" for the last...long time...as many of you know because I've wanted to eat them right off your blogs!  I haven't gotten on the bandwagon (in my usual don't stay up with fashion) until now.  I love Taylor VanBruggen's rubber cupcake stamp sets *very yummy cupcake themes*.  They make my mouth water and the calories run to me. In fact, I subscribe to Taylor's Monthly Kits...love them!  Seque to Today's Post...

Once Upon a Time...in my 11 years of scrapbooking/stamping career there came an additional type of card making and it came through a wonderful site called The Cutting Cafe, and a special womyn that owns the company - Regina Easter.  Regina hosts a wonderful DIGITAL stamp company, something very new to my creating palette and artistry.  I have forever struggled with the concept of  digital stamping or scrapbooking.  I am a true die hard hands on person.  I couldn't see myself creating art at the computer, though I often found myself amazed by the art people did created digitally (ok ink stamping sisters...please don't abandon me!)

Well, (story continued) this weekend I discovered something about myself.  My fear of computers was in the way of my even considering the digital way.   Due to the fact that I fell upon (and in love with) the digital stamps at The Cutting Cafe I was determined to "face the fear and do it anyway!"  Regina was able to ease me into the process of digital stamping and  I am SO excited.  The TRUE benefits for me:  I can spend time with my copics (Ya Hoo - they might end up paying for themselves, though I doubt it, but I LOVE them anyway, my SU markers, prisma's and gamsol and SU wonder crayons.  I can color the day away with a simple push of a button on the computer.  I love the minimal space required for these stamps as well.  I hadn't thought of that benefit previously - just storing them on my computer - making room for more rubber stamps (see sisters, I haven't left ya!)  I can use my numerous and beautiful rubber stamps or *ahem* DO DIGITAL (I feel so grown up and computer saavy!) I did recognize something though, at heart, I am still in Kindi-Garden, with my nappy mat, loving coloring!  So now I get the choice...YAY.  Win-win. Today's card is therefore dedicated to THE CUTTING CAFE and a very patient and helpful owner - my new digi-stamping therapist - Regina Easter.




Goodies:
Paper: Background (Michael's), Front (DCWV) YoYo Yellow (SU)
Stamp: Sweet Stuff (The Cutting Cafe)
Accessories: Liquid Pearls, Buttons (Basic Grey) Frame (Heidi Swapp) Ribbon (SU) Pens (Copics)
 

1 comment:

  1. wow wow, this is the cutest cupcake ever...i love it...can i put in the customer gallery?

    ReplyDelete

My wish for you is a great day full of laughter! Samara x